Friday, January 12, 2007

The Last Good One



On Wednesday I turned 29. Someone said that 29 is the last good one, which I know isn't true because my life has been on an upswing since last September when I married my best friend and one true love. 29 already feels way better than 28. I was talking to my dad on Wednesday who by the time he was 29 had six kids. SIX!!! I remember when I was about 19 I thought that 25 would be a great time to start a family. Also I'm pretty sure I was fantasizing about starting a family with my now-husband when I was 19 since that's when we met and I knew he was the one for me. He still wears the same red & black Filson hunting jacket he wore in the Human Evolution lecture where I first noticed him. He still looks totally hot in it too.

28 was a good and bad year. We went to Jamaica. We went to Paris & got engaged. We got pregnant and lost the baby. We got married. Ian got his Master's degree. We got pregnant again and all is well this time around. It was a FULL year. I'm looking forward to another, just as full. Meeting our child. Seeing some of my greatest friends get married. Cultivating better relationships with my friends & family. Growing closer to my husband. Baking lots of cupcakes. Quilting. Trying harder to appreciate jazz.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bonnie said...

Oh, Robin. That made my day... Happy birthday!

9:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home