Sunday, January 02, 2005

Sometimes the universe just falls in line

I was saying to Ian last night while making dinner that I really wanted to watch Annie Hall. I think my exact words were "I really want to watch Annie Hall," or something like that. Anyhow-I forgot about that until later on in the evening when I flipped on the tv. It was the scene where Annie and Alvie(?) are trying to get the lobsters in the pot but they are crawling all over the kitchen floor and they're laughing so hard nothing can be done about the lobsters. I thought to myself how great it is that sometimes when we ask for something - we get it. And it was nice.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been inspired to watch Annie Hall tonight by your b**g: I'd like to see if anything synchronistic happens as a result. I did eat some meat the color of red over the holiday and hope that makes me less vulnerable to the sad-but-unsuccessful part of the "Lobster Scene." I have not watched that movie about the hating your spouse with the infamous "Rabbit Scene," and this sounds quite the opposite.
Always your Katieo.

8:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday! I can't stand that I'm so far away on your birthday. Be damned the cities of Madison, Twin Falls, Quito, Orlando, and Las Vegas for making us so lonely and raw! I don't know what it'd require, but if you're able to make it past the pit boss and the white ligers, I would shiver with glee to have a handful of great basin sand! Oh, the beached squid of Las Vegas! My own heart! You're the best of the best! Even the bitch-cold shoulders of Chicago are slumping while you're away!

11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home