Thursday, May 25, 2006

Philadelphia

If you go to Philadelphia, be sure to check out the Reading Terminal Market. It is AMAZING!!! It reminds me of Eugene's own 5th Street Market, back in the days of my early youth, before it got all fancy and lost its countercultural element. The intermingling aromas of ethnic cuisines, juice bars, greengrocers, fishmongers, butchers, bakers, and flower stands took me straight back to my childhood. Mom, you did a great job of trying hard to be a hippie even though you were really kind of a buttoned up, proper midwesterner. I appreciate the fact that you made a point of exposing me to different types of food and people.
Also, back the the Reading Terminal Market for just a second, there is an amazing postage stamp of a bookstore in there with a fantastically edited selection of old children's books - another passion gleaned from my mom.
Sent via Cingular Xpress Mail with Blackberry

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home