Monday, July 31, 2006

House Proud


So I'm going about my daily business...just checking the updates on my favorite blogs, and I about fall out of my chair when I open Apartment Therapy and see MY KITCHEN! I tagged my flickr photos of my apartment on Friday after AT:Chicago invited readers to do so. I'm just thrilled! I love my home -- it makes me so happy that others seem to like it as well. To think that just 1.5 years ago we were sleeping on just a futon mattress and had sold all our furniture in the big move from Portland to Chicago. Making this home has been my own Apartment Therapy -- moving here in the dead of winter, not knowing anyone, feeling homesick for the things we left behind. Almost everything we have came from either Craigslist or the Brown Elephant in Oak Park near my office. I got a lot of my inspiration from Apartment Therapy, and I'm so excited that the Chicago edition is so community-oriented. This makes my day - my very hot and steamy day!

3 Comments:

Blogger Kimberly said...

You have a lovely apartment! I, for one, love the books; they automatically make a house look homey and they make me think someone actually lives there and uses the space.

Well done!

3:08 PM  
Blogger Blogging Masterclass said...

I love you apartment. It's so happy! What a beautiful job!!!

Holly

2:56 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

Thank you Scarlet & Holly! I realy appreciate the comments. Holly - also thank you for comments on the original AT post. Look for some updated shots showcasing a more organized book presentation sometime soon. After my wedding which is taking up all my time right now. It is nice to look at the photos of my clean house and remember what it looks like when it is not covered in wedding-craft-mess.

11:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home