Thursday, February 15, 2007

Imagination Cultivation

With each day that passes I get more comfortable with the idea that I'm going to be a parent. I fantasize about the things I'll do with my son, the games we'll play and the songs we'll sing and the laughs we'll share. I like to think about what kind of parent I want to be, and so much of what I envision is imagination cultivation. Kind of like gardening. Planting seeds and seeing what takes root and grows in his imagination.

I think it can be disheartening to a new parent like me that so much of what is readily available for children and babies is pre-imagined. Licensed characters dominate the children's area of most stores and it is nearly impossible to find an article of clothing for a baby boy that doesn't have a hammer, truck or baseball on it. Or a huge grinning purple dinosaur. Imagine my delight when I saw this jacket on Uniform Studio Journal today. It is just the thing. And I found her words profound in a way that transcend the clothes.

Yellow Button Jacket, from Uniform Studio
photo from Uniform Studio Journal, with permission


Blogger rawbin said...

hi rawbin.

this is rawbin from

just googled our name & found you.

congratulations on your little one.

love the jacket.

2:39 PM  
Blogger UNIFORM Studio said...


8:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home