Saturday, December 13, 2008

and...exhale.

So, I've decided to come back to this space again. I took an extended break to move & enjoy the summer (and, uh...fall too) with my family & friends but I've been told that my presence here was missed, and frankly I miss it too. I've felt rather uninspired and unmoored for the past 5 months or so since we moved and I think that's why I stopped writing here. I just felt busy with life and otherwise blah with not much to share.

One of the things that had me holding my breath since we arrived here was the fact that we desperately wanted to buy a home where we can put down some roots. I must say the search was disheartening. Nothing in our price range was even remotely considerable, and we would come home heads hung low and wonder if we'd made the right move coming back here. UNTIL! We found it...a 1951 ranch with tons of windows and natural light - an open floor plan and a rumpus room. TWO fireplaces. It needs work but we are pleased as punch and I can't wait to start cataloging my inspiration here. As well as the trials & tribulations of renovation & home improvements. I'm happy to have something to look forward to and a nest to feather. This has been a dream of ours for such a long time.

I promise pics soon!

3 Comments:

Blogger Angela said...

Congratulations! Adam and I too have been house hunting and it is so discouraging. For some reason all the beautiful homes are super expensive:)

9:32 PM  
Blogger Eileen said...

You're killing me. Where is it? So happy that you found something you like. Did you put in an offer? I'll be crossing my fingers. Pictures are a must!

9:32 PM  
Blogger Krystin said...

Yes! Glad to have you back :)

9:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home