Saturday, February 19, 2005

How do I get better at this?

So much has happened since my last post. The big thing is that I got in a car accident which has been both a blessing and a curse. The curse is that the car actually belongs to Ian, and it is totaled and there has been some kvetching. The blessing is that now I am a bonafide metropolitan commuter on the El, and have seen Chicago in a totally new way ever since. The hour and fifteen minute train trip each way to work gives me time to read and listen to music and basically just gaze out the window and marvel. Or to look around at all of the other passengers and marvel. I miss home a lot, especially all of my wonderful friends & my mom & dad but I wasn't prepared to have a crush on Chicago. The CTA has a lot to do with my love for this place. I hope that everyone I know will come here for a few days and we can ride the trains all over the place and look inside people's kitchen windows and bedroom windows and peek into so many lives. Then we can go get a hot dog. That's the real deal. I'm going to put up some more photos now.

xoxo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home