Thursday, February 02, 2006

Hot Couture

When I was 15, somehow I convinced my mom to let me employ a professional seamstress to create my dream of a homecoming dress. It was so the realization of my deepest girly fantasies: selecting the fabric, going to fittings, twirling around in the red high heels I got to match. I daresay that at the Henry D. Sheldon High Homecoming of 1993, I should have been Sophomore princess by the sheer power of my adorable dress. You see, it was near impossible in a town the size of Eugene to find a dress that you and only you would be wearing. Remember those velvet sheaths with the scalloped, off-the-shoulder thing going on? Yeah. Freshman year, I double dated with Jaime Gregory and we both had the same dress on. Talk about embarrassing! (Though not as embarrassing as my date Shane Goff's Cosby sweater).

Well, imagine my delight when I saw this. Almost the exact same dress! Only mine had little straps. I almost want to buy it because for reasons I cannot explain, I don't have the original anymore. Did I lend it to you? If you still have it, can I have it back?

2 Comments:

Blogger Krystin said...

I think you gave it to me, but I am pretty sure that don't have it anymore. I remember I wore it to the prom party we threw senior year of college...but now?

It is one of the many beautiful dresses that have disappeared over the years. I will look around and if I find it, I will send it to you.

6:19 PM  
Blogger Tia said...

Robin,
I can't believe that-it's nearly identical to my sr. year prom dress circa 1990 which my aunt made me. I probably still have the pattern and I definitely still have the dress, not to mention the sling back dyeables in the same red. :O)
Tia

1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home