Monday, August 21, 2006

W.W.T.S.D.?

I'm working on a personal style overhaul. I guess you could call it an overhaul if my normal uniform of jeans off the floor and tattered University of Oregon sweatshirt counts as a style in the first place. There are no mirrors in my office, and unless I'm travelling to meet with clients I don't see anyone but my boss at work. As a sort of unwritten rule, we don't dress for work. Trouble is, I think my slovenly appearance is getting in the way of getting actual work done.

I was talking to Katie a while back about the benefits of dressing like you give two shits about yourself. It really does make a difference! We both agreed we were going to work on it. She has a leg up on me though with an already pretty defined sense of style.

I think the main reason for this new obsession with dressing better is my new discovery of The Sartorialist. This weekend I spent some time cleaning out my closet and wondering to myself "What would The Sartorialist do with this?" Is it weird to have a blog as a muse?






all photos from The Sartorialist

3 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

Cindy, we should go together sometime. I too have been searching for a cape but have you noticed that all thrift store capes are HUMONGOUS? What is up with that?

My current obsession is boots. BOOTS! GAH! Jessica is a good luck charm when it comes to thrifting. Let's all go! Soon!

3:44 PM  
Blogger ds said...

Robin,
Unfortunately you haven't had one of those brownies unless you've been to Philly. The woman that makes them is a big B&S fan and she brought us a bunch in Philly in March. Then she shipped some to Sarah in Glasgow. She was kind enough to freeze some and is currently thawing them so we can munch on them when we meet up at the Reading Festival on Friday! stoooooked!

I fret daily about what i am going to do when I am 50 and i realize I have to cut my long hair lest i look like some douche trying to deny my age. Or else i will have to go full on hippy and start braiding it ala willie nelson. shit....not even 50. i am freting about what i am gonna wear to my bro's wedding. i don't even own a suit or anything other than high tops.

i am fucked.

4:06 PM  
Blogger ds said...

jeez i am so pompous! it seems you have had one. how wild! that makes me happy that someone else knows what i am talking about. sarah and i managed to make those brownies last the whole tour and we actually im'ed for like 10 minutes about them today. making our plan for what time we would meet backstage at reading tomorrow (8 am) and have our first brownie of the weekend.

7:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home