Saturday, August 26, 2006

Fall Fashion Plan, Part 2






In an effort to minimize my pre-wedding anxiety I sat down last week with a stack of fashion magazines and snipped photos of the things that immediately appealed to me. I find this to be a beneficial exercise in many ways. First, it helps me to hone a general look and color story, making it easier to say NO to things that fall outside the plan. Second, it helps me identify the things I actually want for my wardrobe, things that make sense in the context of what I already own and what I envision for the season. Thirdly, it totally lowers my heart rate.

The funny thing is, I am almost always surprised by the results. For instance, I consider myself a color-lover. I was amused by the fact that there is almost no color represented in what I like right now. Is it because I am deeply sad about the state of our world? Why do I all of a sudden like brown? How can Sofia Coppola pull off a navy dress with black tights? Will I actually buy anything according to this silly plan?

In looking over the images, what struck me as top wants are:
1. flat-heeled, saddle-brown leather boots
2. um, turtlenecks?!?
3. tweed anything
4. peplum jacket, preferably in gray
5. thick bangs
6. lots of tights

What is on your list for fall?

1 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Jevert said...

Great list Robin! I agree, who would have thought thick bangs and turtlenecks would ever be desired beyond the third grade. It's more of a Lou Dillion/Francoise Hardy kind of thing. I feel that the long bangs ups the sex appeal of the "natty professor in Harris tweeds" look that manifests every fall. -alana

12:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home